Are you interested in products that save energy, save money and help protect the environment – without sacrificing performance? Then look for the ENERGY STAR label! ENERGY STAR is a national symbol for energy efficiency. The label identifies products that consume less energy by meeting strict efficiency and performance guidelines set by the US Environmental Protection Agency.
Looking for products that provide the highest efficiency and savings? ENERGY STAR’s Most Efficient designation recognizes the most efficient products among those that are currently certified by ENERGY STAR. They're made to fit the style of your home with state-of-the-art designs and premium features.
Choosing an ENERGY STAR-labeled appliance has never been easier. Wells Public Utilities can help you identify qualifying models, point out savings advantages, and even provide you with rebates to lower your initial cost of purchase. Higher rebates are available for ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2017 Clothes Washers, Dishwashers, and Ceiling Fans with Lighting.
ENERGY STAR Rebate Application (also available from area retailers)
ENERGY STAR Lighting Rebate Coupon
ENERGY STAR Dehumidifier Rebate Form
ENERGY STAR Qualifying Product Lists
Wells Public Utilities Offers Rebates Year-Round For The Following ENERGY STAR Qualified Products:
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) require only one-quarter to one-third of the energy of regular incandescent bulbs and can last up to 10 times longer. They are even available in dimmable, flood, and 3-way styles. If each U.S. household replaced one regular bulb with a compact fluorescent, according to the Environmental Protection Agency, consumers would collectively save more than $600 million a year. The energy saved, meanwhile, would be enough to light seven million homes, and the greenhouse gas reductions from power plants would be the equivalent of removing 1.2 million cars from the road for one year!
- Light Fixtures that have earned the ENERGY STAR combine quality and attractive design with the highest levels of energy efficiency available today. The look of ENERGY STAR lighting has evolved into decorative fixtures, sconces, outdoor lighting, and ceiling fan lighting that uses only 25% of the energy of traditional lighting and helps protect our environment. Rebates are available for the following ENERGY STAR-qualified lighting products:
- hardwired CFL fixtures
- hardwired LED fixtures (click here for a listing of qualified ENERGY STAR LED lighting products)
LED fact sheet
- ceiling fans with lighting
- compact fluorescent light kits for ceiling fans
- Refrigerators and Freezers are two of the biggest power consumers in your household. If your existing units are at least 10 years old, the energy use of these appliances could be cut in half. Additional rebates are even available to help pay the cost of properly recycling your old working refrigerator and freezer!
- Dishwashers are at least 25% more efficient than conventional models.
- Clothes Washers will save you both water and energy per load - reducing water use from 35-50% and using 50% less energy when compared to standard clothes washers.
- Ceiling Fans with Lighting operate about 40% efficiently than conventional fans and move 20% more air.
- Room Air Conditioners are at least 10% more efficient than conventional models. An additional rebate is even available to help pay the cost of proper recycling of your old working room air conditioner!
- Dehumidifiers use substantially less energy than standard units and can save more than $190 in electricity bills over the life of the unit. Trade-in your old working dehumidifier and buy an ENERGY STAR model to qualify for a rebate.
Contact us if you need assistance or have any questions about ENERGY STAR products.