ENERGY STAR® For Your Business
Improving the energy performance of your buildings requires managing energy strategically across the entire organization. The US Environmental Protection Agency provides strategies, tools, professional assistance, and recognition opportunities to help you meet your goals and contribute to ENERGY STAR's nationwide challenge to improve the energy efficiency of facilities by 10 percent or more!
The most energy-efficient businesses in America use about 30 percent less energy than their competitors. Organizations can change to ENERGY STAR to help protect the environment and gain a competitive advantage. Saint Peter Municipal Utilities helps you achieve that goal by offering rebates on ENERGY STAR rated products and other high-efficiency equipment.
ENERGY STAR Rebate Application (also available from area retailers)
ENERGY STAR Dehumidifier Rebate Form
ENERGY STAR Qualifying Product Lists
Tools for Small Businesses
Are you a small business owner, operator, or employee looking for ways to increase energy efficiency in your facility? Use these resources as planning guides for implementing cost-effective energy improvement projects for your business.
This two-page document summarizes the ENERGY STAR Action Workbook for Small Business and is useful for people who want a high-level overview of the seven-step ENERGY STAR approach to saving energy in your facility.
Action Workbook for Small Business Summary
The ENERGY STAR Action Workbook for Small Business is a 36-page guidebook that provides step-by-step guidance on ways to increase energy efficiency in facilities by implementing realistic and cost-effective energy improvement projects.
Action Workbook for Small Business
This 87-page document of appendices supplements the ENERGY STAR Action Workbook for Small Business. While the main workbook gives broad guidance about how to implement an energy management program in your small business, these appendices take a deeper dive into topics such as energy audits, working with contractors, and improvements. It also includes sections on specific business types, such as restaurants, auto dealers, lodging, offices, grocery stores, manufacturers, and home-based businesses.
Appendices for the Action Workbook for Small Business
Saint Peter Municipal Utilities Offers Rebates Year-Round For The Following ENERGY STAR Qualified Products:
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs) require only one-quarter to one-third of the energy of regular incandescent bulbs and can last up to 10 times longer. They are even available in dimmable, flood, and 3-way styles.
- Light Fixtures that have earned the ENERGY STAR combine quality and attractive design with the highest levels of energy efficiency available today. The look of ENERGY STAR lighting has evolved into decorative fixtures, sconces, outdoor lighting, and ceiling fan lighting that uses only 25% of the energy of traditional lighting and helps protect our environment. Rebates are available for the following ENERGY STAR-qualified lighting products:
- hardwired CFL fixtures
- hardwired LED fixtures (click here for a listing of qualified ENERGY STAR LED lighting products)
LED fact sheet
- ceiling fans with lighting
- compact fluorescent light kits for ceiling fans
- Refrigerators and Freezers are large energy consumers. If your existing units are at least 10 years old, the energy use of these appliances could be cut in half. Additional rebates are even available to help pay the cost of properly recycling your old working refrigerator and freezer!
- Dishwashers are at least 25% more efficient than conventional models.
- Clothes Washers will save you both water and energy per load - reducing water use from 35-50% and using 50% less energy when compared to standard clothes washers.
- Room Air Conditioners are at least 10% more efficient than conventional models. An additional rebate is even available to help pay the cost of proper recycling of your old working room air conditioner!
- Dehumidifiers use substantially less energy than standard units and can save more than $190 in electricity bills over the life of the unit. Trade-in your old working dehumidifier and buy an ENERGY STAR model to qualify for a rebate.
Contact us if you need assistance or have any questions about ENERGY STAR products.